Who am I?
- Name: Michael Clarke
- Date of birth: September 13, 1978
- Address: 2105 Whisper Ridge Drive, Chittenango, NY, 13037
- Phone: (315) - 396-6147
- Email: email@example.com
I am a hard-working digital marketing professional with over twelve years of industry experience. I specialize in managing large-scale strategic online marketing and branding initiatives. I love to share my knowledge through teaching, and pride myself in finding creative solutions to complex problems. I am a manager, collaborator, designer, developer, and what I like to call an all-around "do-er."
I am first and foremost a Dad. It is my most important job. I am obnoxiously proud of my two, soon to be three children. I can often be seen on the sidelines of a soccer field or playground. If not there then I may be on the golf course, ski slopes or in my flat water kayak. I am always learning and often teaching.
My Professional Background
2008 October - Present
Syracuse University School of Information Studies
2013 - Present: Director of Digital Strategy
2009- Present: Adjunct Professor
2008 - 2013: Web Producer
Director of Digital Strategy
- Concieved and delivered overall online marketing strategy.
- Worked effectively with school leadership to gather organizational goals and translate them into effective online campaigns.
- Crafted and implemented comprehensive content strategy plan.
- Developed and supported the adoption of a consistent brand identity across platforms and departments.
- Formed and lead "Digital Presence Team" consisting of key iSchool faculty and staff. Team is responsible for the overall governance of the Digital Presence initiative.
- Lead the implementation of online pay-per click and content network online advertising campaigns utilizing in-house and external resources.
- Lead the development of new custom content management system and responsive website redesign.
- Manager of Web Team consisting of the iSchool's Web Producer and various student interns.
- Contribued detailed reports of web analytics supporting defined key performance indicators helping facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Provide classroom instruction for GET 234, Effective Collaboration in a Globally Distributed Enterprise.
- Created learning objectives, course materials and provided instruction for IST 300, Digital Marketing.
- Earned exemplary student evaluation scores each semester.
- Winner of the 2013 Part-Time Faculty of the Year Award
- Helped craft and Support the strategic direction of all iSchool related web projects.
- Lead developer for main iSchool website an any college related web projects including research centers, student groups and special initiatives.
- Lead developer and project manager for all web application development.
- Manager of day-to-day content revisions and updates
- Provide training and support to all distributed administrators of content management system
- Delivers web hosting and basic server administration for over 150 production websites utilizing ISS and cPanel.
- Lead digital signage developer. Helped create dynamic interactive digital signage displayed throughout Hinds Hall, the iSchool's state of the art facility situated on Syracuse University's main quad.
- Lead on all video production crafting scripts, hiring talent, and publishing content utilizing the most effective mediums possible
- Point person for all SharePoint support and development
- Lead brand manager and lead designer for all iSchool related print material.
2009 August - Present
Syracuse University Project Advance
- Lead training and support of Syracuse University Project Advance instructors teaching iSchool courses in high schools across the U.S. and internationally.
- Support instructors with up-to-date course materials, professional development opportunities and perform site visits with guest lectures each semester.
2002 January - 2008 September
United Way of Central New York
2006-2008: Senior Technology Manager
2002-2006: Senior Associate, Digital Communications Specialist
Senior Technology Manager
- Strategic lead in developing new website architecture and content to better serve target audiences.
- Performed day-to-day content management of corporate website.
- Developer and manager of all internal and external web applications including online event registration application, Speaker’s Bureau management application, online survey’s, data verification, as well as contact and feedback forms.
- Redesigned “Inside United Way 2.0”, United Way’s corporate intranet. Utilized web analytics from previous intranet to create a functional, user-oriented internal website. Responsible for day-to-day intranet content updates.
- Manager of United Way’s online charitable donation system, e-Pledge. United Way raises more than $1 million annually using the e-Pledge system.
- Design lead for all outgoing e-communications including email blasts, e-newsletters, and event invitations.
- Daily management of entire United Way network including ten servers and more than fifty workstations.
- Management and maintenance of Andar fundraising system, United Way’s organizational database. United Way processes nearly $10 million each year using Andar.
- Implementation and maintenance of various network devices including firewall, email filter, routers, switches, anti-virus software, printers and peripherals.
- Implementation and maintenance of daily, weekly, and monthly backup procedures.
- Developed and enforced IT policies and data-entry standards.
- Managed all outsourced technology consultants as well as all technology-related budgeting, purchasing, and training.
Senior Associate, Digital Communications Specialist
- Managed complete website development consisting of new information architecture, design, and web application functionality. Designed and developed Inside United Way, United Way’s corporate intranet. Inside United Way is accessed daily by more than forty employees in office and in the field.
- Led the creation and implementation of e-communications strategy including United Way Today, United Way’s corporate email newsletter. United Way Today reaches nearly 4000 key volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for all internal and external video production including campaign videos, event productions and broadcast-ready PSAs. United Way’s video productions are viewed by nearly 500,000 residents of Onondaga County each year.
2001 September - 2002 September
Edit Point Video
Director of Dynamic Meida
Director of Dynamic Meida
- Winner of national “Videographer’s Award” for enhanced cd-rom business card production.
- Lead developer in streaming media department specializing in optimization, compression and integration of video with clients existing websites.
- Worked closely with clients to help enhance their corporate image and online presence with incorporation of video, web, and multimedia solutions.
Syracuse University School of Information Studies
MS Information Management
Masters Degree in Information Management
Graduation: January 2016
1998 September - 2001 August
Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Ards
BFA Computer Graphics
Earned exemplary marks and academic honors.
Specialization in Web Design.Participated in Syracuse University Study Abroad Program in Florence, Italy
Graduation: August 2001
What I’m best at
Skills & Knowledge
Part-Time Professor of the Year
Winner of the 2013 Syracuse University School of Information Studies Part-Time Professor of the Year Award. This award is voted by the students and awarded yearly to one adjunct instructor who demonstrates exemplary performance in the classroom.
Winner of the 2001 Videographer's Award of Recognition for excellence in interactive cd-rom design.
- Content Strategy
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google AdWords
- Webmaster Tools
- Brand Management
- Responsive Design
- Mobile Development
- Email Marketing
- Print Layout and Design
- Photo Manipulation
- Photo Composition
- Video Production
- Accessabilty Standards
Preferred productivity apps
- Google Drive
Preferred productivity model:
- David Allen's "Getting Things Done"
Hobbies & Interests
I am an avid golfer and also enjoy snowboarding, skiing, basketball and racquetball.
Although I consider myself a novice at best, I enjoy taking photos of my kids and landscapes with my Cannon DSLR Camera...although you may find me using Instagram in a pinch.
While I am often confined to Disney or Pixar films, I do enjoy an occasional indie film, documentary or TV Drama. Homeland and True Detective are my recent obsessions.
It is no surprise that I am a bit of a technology buff. I cosider myself somewhat iReligious usually opting for Apple products however I have been impressed with newer offerings from Microsoft and Android.
When possible I enjoy nothing more than exploring different parts of the world and learning about new people and cultures.
You will often hear our home filled with music. From John Coletrane to Jay-Z nothing is off-limits. You will often hear my three-year old son softly singing Bob Marley's classic "Three Little Birds".
Get in touch
I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch with me by filling out the short form to the right or by shooting me an email.
2105 Whisper Ridge Drive
- (315) 396-6147