Who am I?
- Name: Michael Clarke
- Address: 2105 Whisper Ridge Drive, Chittenango, NY, 13037
- Phone: (315) - 396-6147
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an experienced digital marketing leader with over seventeen years of industry experience. I specialize in managing large-scale strategic online marketing and branding initiatives. I love to share knowledge through teaching, and pride myself in finding creative solutions to complex problems. I am a leader, manager, collaborator, designer, developer and what I like to call an all-around "do-er."
I am first and foremost a Dad. It is my most important job. I am obnoxiously proud of my three children. You can almost always find me on the sidelines of a soccer field, baseball diamond or on a playground. If not, I may be enjoying time on the golf course, ski slopes or the lake. I am always learning and often teaching.
My Professional Background
2008 October - Present
Syracuse University School of Information Studies
2013 - Present: Director of Digital Strategy
2009 - Present: Adjunct Professor
2008 - 2013: Web Producer
Director of Digital Strategy
- Responsible for overall digital marketing strategy and execution.
- Lead the development, maintenance and content creation of all college web properties including main marketing site, student blog and mobile first current student resource site.
- Grow online presence through modern tactics and proven best practices.
- • Target and engage prospective students and other key customer demographics with modern research and segmentation techniques.
- Gather, synthesize and translate organizational objectives into effective online campaigns.
- Craft, implement and maintain a comprehensive brand position and content strategy.
- Lead, manage and direct digital strategy team.
- Ensure effective allocation of budget and resources.
- Lead, implement and measure online advertising strategy utilizing in-house resources and strategic partners.
- Responsible for crafting web analytics strategy and regular reporting of key performance indicators to stakeholders.
- Lead the conception, strategy and development of inbound content marketing channels such as email campaigns, webinars, video and social.
- Created learning objectives, course materials and provided instruction for IST 300, Digital Strategy and Analytics.
- Instructor for IST 263, Design and Management of Internet Services.
- Instructor for GET 234, Effective Collaboration in a Globally Distributed Enterprise.
- Recipient of the 2013 Part-Time Faculty of the Year Award
- Crafted and supported the strategic direction of all iSchool related web projects.
- Lead developer for main iSchool website and any college related web projects including research centers, student groups and special initiatives.
- Lead developer and project manager for all web application development.
- Manager of day-to-day content revisions and updates.
- Provided training and support to all distributed administrators of content management system.
- Delivered web hosting and basic server administration for over 150 production websites utilizing ISS and cPanel.
- Created dynamic interactive digital signage displayed throughout Hinds Hall, the iSchool's state of the art facility situated on Syracuse University's main quad.
- Lead video producer: crafted scripts, hired talent, and published content utilizing the most effective mediums.
- Point person for all SharePoint support and development.
- Lead brand manager and lead designer for all iSchool related print material.
2009 August - Present
Syracuse University Project Advance
- Lead training and support of Syracuse University Project Advance instructors teaching Syracuse University iSchool courses in high schools both in the United States and at international locations.
- • Support instructors with up-to-date course materials, professional development opportunities and site visits with guest lectures each semester.
2002 January - 2008 September
United Way of Central New York
2006-2008: Senior Technology Manager
2002-2006: Senior Associate, Digital Communications Specialist
Senior Technology Manager
- Strategic lead in developing new website architecture and content to better serve target audiences.
- Performed day-to-day content management of corporate website.
- Developer and manager of all internal and external web applications including online event registration application, Speaker’s Bureau management application, online survey’s, data verification, as well as contact and feedback forms.
- Redesigned “Inside United Way 2.0”, United Way’s corporate intranet. Utilized web analytics from previous intranet to create a functional, user-oriented internal website. Responsible for day-to-day intranet content updates.
- Manager of United Way’s online charitable donation system, e-Pledge. United Way raises more than $1 million annually using the e-Pledge system.
- Design lead for all outgoing e-communications including email blasts, e-newsletters, and event invitations.
- Daily management of entire United Way network including ten servers and more than fifty workstations.
- Management and maintenance of Andar fundraising system, United Way’s organizational database. United Way processes nearly $10 million each year using Andar.
- Implementation and maintenance of various network devices including firewall, email filter, routers, switches, anti-virus software, printers and peripherals.
- Implementation and maintenance of daily, weekly, and monthly backup procedures.
- Developed and enforced IT policies and data-entry standards.
- Managed all outsourced technology consultants as well as all technology-related budgeting, purchasing, and training.
Senior Associate, Digital Communications Specialist
- Managed complete website development consisting of new information architecture, design, and web application functionality. Designed and developed Inside United Way, United Way’s corporate intranet. Inside United Way is accessed daily by more than forty employees in office and in the field.
- Led the creation and implementation of e-communications strategy including United Way Today, United Way’s corporate email newsletter. United Way Today reaches nearly 4000 key volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for all internal and external video production including campaign videos, event productions and broadcast-ready PSAs. United Way’s video productions are viewed by nearly 500,000 residents of Onondaga County each year.
2001 September - 2002 September
Edit Point Video
Director of Dynamic Meida
Director of Dynamic Media
- Winner of national “Videographer’s Award” for enhanced cd-rom business card production.
- Lead developer in streaming media department specializing in optimization, compression and integration of video with clients’ existing websites.
- • Worked closely with clients to help enhance their corporate image and online presence with incorporation of video, web, and multimedia solutions.
Syracuse University School of Information Studies
MS Information Management
Completed Masters Degree in Information Management: Executive Track
Graduation: May 2017
1998 September - 2001 August
Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Arts
BFA Computer Graphics
Specialization in Web DesignParticipated in Syracuse University Study Abroad Program in Florence, Italy
Graduation: August 2001
What I’m best at
Skills & Recognition
Awards & Recognition
Advanced Leadership Training Program
Selected as one of only thirty university professionals as part of the inaugural cohort of the 2017 Syracuse University Advanced Leadership Development Program.
Part-Time Professor of the Year
Winner of the 2013 Syracuse University School of Information Studies Part-Time Professor of the Year Award. This award is voted by the students and awarded yearly to one adjunct instructor who demonstrates exemplary performance in the classroom.
Winner of the 2001 Videographer's Award of Recognition for excellence in interactive cd-rom design.
- Organizational Leadership
- Digital Strategy
- Brand Management
- Content Strategy
- Web Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google AdWords
- Webmaster Tools
- Responsive Design
- Email Marketing
- Print Layout and Design
- Video Production and Marketing
- Web Accessibility
- Technical SEO
Preferred productivity apps
- Google Drive
Preferred productivity models:
- David Allen's "Getting Things Done"
- Agile Development Model
Hobbies & Interests
I'm an avid golfer and skier. I also like to hit the courts regularly playing basketball and occasionally racquetball. I'm a voracious reader. I enjoy also enjoy creating and studying art of all kinds.
I love shooting photos and videos of my kids with my DSLR and GoPro. We keep remote family up-to-date with their growth and achievements on Instagram and other social platforms.
While the age of my children usually confine me to "kids stuff", I do enjoy an occasional Netflix documentary or travel show.
A bit of tech buff. Love gadgets and home automation. Fully iReligious.
When possible I enjoy nothing more than exploring different parts of the world and learning about new people and cultures.
Our home is always full of music. From John Coltrane to Jay-Z nothing is off-limits.
Get in touch
I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch with me by filling out the short form or by shooting me an email.
2105 Whisper Ridge Drive
- (315) 396-6147